CONDITIONAL SENTENCES

CONDITIONAL SENTENCES 

                                                       
1ST CONDITIONAL

It's used to talk about things which might happen in the future. We can't know what will happen in the future, but it describes possible things, which could come true.

IF + PRESENT SIMPLE+ WILL / WON'T + INFINITIVE

  • If it rains, I won't go to the park.
  • If I study today, I'll go to the party tonight.
  • If I have enough money, I'll buy some new shoes.
  • She'll be late if the train is delayed.
  • She'll miss the bus if she doesn't leave soon.
  • If I see her, I'll tell her.

THINK....


LET'S WATCH IT!





1ST CONDITIONAL PRACTICE AND GAMES






2ND CONDITIONAL



It's used to talk about things which are not likely to happen but they're not impossible

IF + PAST SIMPLE+ WOULD/COULD / WOULDN´T/COULDN'T + INFINITIVE

  • If I had a million euros, I would travel around the world.
  • If I studied , I would pass.
  • If I had enough money, I would buy some new shoes.
  • If she lived in the city, we could meet more often.



THINK....

What would happen if...?

...you had a million pounds?

... you met your favourite singer?

... you didn't study for this unit?

... were two metres tall?

... were chosen to travel into space?

... your parents were from another planet?


LET'S REVIEW SECOND CONDITIONAL SENTENCES WITH THIS GAME! 


CONDITIONAL SENTENCES IN SONGS



I WISH


I WISH...

We use wish + past simple to express that we want a situation in the present (or future) to be different.

  • wish I spoke Italian. (I don't speak Italian)
  • wish I had a big car (I don't have a big car)
  • wish I was on a beach. (I'm in the office)
  • wish it was the weekend tomorrow.  (It's only Thursday tomorrow)
LET'S PRACTICE!





SOME EXERCISES TO PRACTICE





Listen to these children talking about their wishes. What are yours?